Using Form j-1 or j-2 Exchange Visitor as Required Document for Evidence of Migration Status

Apply for the Card Now

The J-1 exchange visitor visa is a non-immigrant visa program that allows individuals to travel to the United States and participate in visitor programs and study-based exchange programs. The J-1 visa allows individuals to learn new skills, build new skills, and work on their English language abilities in order to help them achieve future career goals. Overall, there are fifteen categories that participants may fall into with thirteen of the categories being privately funded by the Office of Private Sector Exchange within the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. There are over 1,500 federal, state, non-profit, for-profit, and local government private sector programs that sponsor J-1 visas. Individuals who obtain a J-1 visa within a private sector program are allowed to study, engage in research, teach, work in specialized practice, or engage in training for jobs. The time period for a J-1 visa may range from several weeks up to a few years. There are two categories that are publicly funded within the Exchange Visitor Program. The two publicly funded categories are International Visitors and Government Visitors. According to the United States Department of State, there are more than 300,000 participants in the visitor exchange program. Participants in the J-1 program include individuals from nearly every country in the world. According to the United States Department of State, 85% of the individual who participate in the program are 30 years old or younger and 55% of participants are female.

Using Form j-2 as Required Document for Evidence of Migration Status

The J-2 visa is a type of non-immigrant visa that is issued by a consulate official within a United States embassy to individuals who are married to individuals with a J-1 visa. J-2 visas are also issued to dependents of J-1 visa holders. J-2 visas are issued to these individuals when they join or accompany the J-1 visa holder in the United States. J-2 visas have certain eligibility requirements. In order to be eligible for a J-2 visa, the J-1 visa holder must be engaged in a specific program. Individuals with a J-1 visa that are within the United States in order to work as a camp counselor, au pair, engage in summer work, or enroll in secondary school are not allowed to have dependents or spouses gain a J-2 visa. Some categories do allow for J-1 visa holders to have their spouses and dependents gain a J-2 visa, but individuals should be aware that certain programs do not allow for this.

Legal Information: USA Filing Services LLC is a third party agent that processes and facilitates the social security card request process making it easier for our customers to change names on a social security card or assist with getting a new social security card or replacement social security card there is a one time document processing service fee of $39.00 (USD) and our additional services offered exclusively for all social security card processing can only be found here. Please note that this service is available for free if you file yourself directly through the social security offices in person. Why wait in line and file with multiple agencies and/or companies when we'll help you update everything from one online application? Save time and money by utilizing our services. USA filing Services LLC acts as an authorized agent for users wishing to file their social security card application, new, updates, renewals and replace social security card. The accuracy of the information is the responsibility of the user. Please note that your access to and use of change USA Filing Services LLC is subject to additional terms and conditions. Please allow up to 7-10 days for completion. Getting a new social security card isn't difficult if you know how to get a new social security card and change name on social security card ©2014 USA Filing Services LLC All rights reserved.

Refund Policy: 30 day satisfaction guaranteed. If you're unsatisfied with our filing services for any reason simply click on the cancel order link you will receive after your order or simply contact us via the contact information found directly below.
Please note: Online check payments can not be refunded.

Contact Us: Live chat via during normal business hours or E-mail us for a quick response 24/7 at or by phone from 9AM to 8PM (EST) Monday Through Sunday at (707) 948-6245

USA Filing Services, LLC
1335 Main St. Suite 100
Cincinnati, OH 45202