Where can I submit my ss5 Application

Apply for the Card Now

Since Social Security cards don’t expire, there’s usually isn’t a need to ever get a replacement card unless something happens to your original, or if your name changes either due to marriage or you having it legally changed. In the event you do need to replace your Social Security card, there are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself, one of the most important being where do I submit the ss5 application? Luckily, you don’t have to make the trip all the way down to the Social Security Office, wherever the nearest one may be, in order to submit the application and have them handle the process from there. Thanks to the internet, you can request a replacement card right from the comfort of your own home. There are some things you’ll need before you start that process though.

Getting the Required Documents:

When submitting your ss5 application online, you’ll need to include documents that verify your identity. These include original documents or copies made that were authorized by issuing agency. They will not accept photocopies, even notarized ones, and all of the documents have to be current. If yours are expired or have gone missing, you’ll have to get those replaced before being able to apply. The required documents vary depending on your status as a citizen, so here is the breakdown for each category of documents:

Adult Born in the USA:

-Citizenship verification such as birth certificate or US Passport
-Age verification such as a Religious Record made before age 5 stating a date of birth, birth certificate, or US Passport
-Identity verification such as driver’s license, state-issued non-driver ID, or passport. In the event you do not have current versions of these documents, the following can be accepted if they include your name, date of birth, are current, and have a photograph of you :
School ID
Employee ID
Non-Medicaid health insurance card
US military ID

One document can be used for two separate purposes (such as passport being used for identity and citizenship), but TWO types of documents must be submitted at minimum.

Adult Foreign Born US Citizen:

-Citizenship verification including Passport, Certificate of Naturalization (N-550N-570), Certificate of Citizenship (N-560/N-561), Certificate of Report of Birth (DS-1350), Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240/CRBA)
-Age verification of Foreign Birth Certificate, or US Passport if unavailable
-Identity verification such as driver’s license, state-issued non-driver ID, or passport. In the event you do not have current versions of these documents, the following can be accepted if they include your name, date of birth, are current, and have a photograph of you :
School ID
Employee ID
Non-Medicaid health insurance card
US military ID

Adult Noncitizen:

-Immigration Status documents such as Form I-551 with your unexpired foreign passport, I-766, I-94, I-20, or DS-2019
-Work eligibility verification such as I-766 along with the stamped foreign passport
For F1 students who are authorized to work on campus, a letter from a designated school official identifying you, confirms the school status, as well as type of employment. Work records confirming your job, employment status, start date, hours and pay, along with a supervisor’s phone number may be required as well.
-Age verification documents such as foreign birth certificate or passport
-Identity confirming documents such as I-551, I-94, I-766
Again, like the above cases you must submit TWO separate documents.

Children over 12 applying for an ORIGINAL Social Security Card MUST appear in person for an interview, and both documents identifying your child such as a birth certificate or passport must be present, as well as documents confirming your own identity.

The Application Process

With all of the information on hand, next it’s time to start the application process. You’ll need to enter some basic personal information such as your zip code, first and last legal name, address, social security number, and confirm that the name on your new card will be the same or request a new name, listing any names used on previous Social Security Cards.

Next you need to enter your citizenship information, status, country, city and date of birth, and if you are updating your date of birth. Lastly, you enter your current mailing address along with your relation to the applicant (for example if you are applying for a replacement card for a relative who can not go through the process themselves).

Once that is complete, all that is left to do is attach the necessary documentation (usually in the way of photographs, with photographic identification being held by the applicant in the photo for reference along with a close up of the document for readability). Once your documentation is attached, you’ll have one last chance to review all of the information to make sure everything is accurate, and then submit. From there, your application will be reviewed, and if approved, your new Social Security Card will be mailed out to your mailing address. It usually takes 5-10 business days to ship plus processing time, though once approved, sometimes a temporary digital card is sent out depending on the circumstances, which is only good for a few days until the physical card arrives.

If you run into any issues or have any questions, our support members are available via online chat to assist with the process or answer any questions you might have.

Legal Information: USA Filing Services LLC is a third party agent that processes and facilitates the social security card request process making it easier for our customers to change names on a social security card or assist with getting a new social security card or replacement social security card there is a one time document processing service fee of $39.00 (USD) and our additional services offered exclusively for all social security card processing can only be found here. Please note that this service is available for free if you file yourself directly through the social security offices in person. Why wait in line and file with multiple agencies and/or companies when we'll help you update everything from one online application? Save time and money by utilizing our services. USA filing Services LLC acts as an authorized agent for users wishing to file their social security card application, new, updates, renewals and replace social security card. The accuracy of the information is the responsibility of the user. Please note that your access to and use of change USA Filing Services LLC is subject to additional terms and conditions. Please allow up to 7-10 days for completion. Getting a new social security card isn't difficult if you know how to get a new social security card and change name on social security card ©2014 USA Filing Services LLC All rights reserved.

Refund Policy: 30 day satisfaction guaranteed. If you're unsatisfied with our filing services for any reason simply click on the cancel order link you will receive after your order or simply contact us via the contact information found directly below.
Please note: Online check payments can not be refunded.

Contact Us: Live chat via Application-filing-service.com during normal business hours or E-mail us for a quick response 24/7 at support@application-filing-service.com or by phone from 9AM to 8PM (EST) Monday Through Sunday at (707) 948-6245

USA Filing Services, LLC
1335 Main St. Suite 100
Cincinnati, OH 45202