Change name on social security card information Please refer to the Social Security Card Name…
Social Security Card Application, Why It’s Important and What You Need
One of the most important things that you should have as an American citizen is a social security card. Previously, these cards were created as a proof of identification to provide the system with the means of checking contributions towards its retirement programs. However, today, they are important for a number of reasons.
But why do you need social security card application? Here are the top 5 reasons
· Get employment- If you are looking for a job, you need to show the card to your potential employer. Employers, then use this to fill W-2 forms. They may also use it to confirm whether you are allowed to work in the country or not.
· Visiting a doctor- Anytime you go to the hospital, you will be asked about your social security card. This is then used for insurance and billing purposes and to ensure that no unauthorized person uses your medical details.
· Getting an education- When registering in a college, you may also be asked about your social security card. This confirms that you are eligible to attend education in the country.
· Getting a credit card- When you are applying for a credit card, you are also required to provide your social security card number. This not only allows you to get the card but the creditors can also verify your credit worthiness.
· Opening an account- If you want to access financial services, you will also be asked about your card number. Banks use the card for a number of reasons including verifying your dreaded worthiness and your identity. They can also use this to report any interest accrued by year account.
Documents needed to apply for this.
Citizenship: When it comes to the citizenship, you can only apply using US passport or US birth certificate.
Age: If you do not have a birth certificate, you will be required to present US passport, hospital record or religious records that were kept before reaching five years.
However, if you are 12 years and above and you need a social security card, you must appear as an individual. If you are living in the country, you will be asked about the institutions you attended and your tax records for your social security card application to go through.
In case, you do not have a birth certificate or the US passport, and you cannot be able to get a replacement soon, you will be asked to produce
· Military identification card.
· Employee identification card.
· Health insurance card.
· School identification card.
Since social security cards are very important, losing them can make it hard to process various things. Thankfully, there are many online filing services that can assist you with social security card application and replacement services.