How to Change Name on Social Security Card After Marriage

Apply for the Card Now

A social security number is a unique number comprising of nine-digits that the American government issues to all its American citizens who are eligible and who go through the application process. The American government uses it to track all its citizens for the purpose of keeping record. This record needs to be maintained so to gain information about the number of years you have worked along with your earnings.

If you were recently married, there are probably numerous items on your to-do list. From writing thank you notes for wedding gifts, to selecting wedding photos, to changing your name on your Social Security card after marriage, it probably feels like you have a never-ending list of items to tackle.

If you have been looking up how to change name on Social Security card after marriage, you’re probably realizing that changing your name is going to be an involved process. There are so many documents you’ll to gather and forms that will need to be filled out. Finding the time to get this important task done with the numerous other items on your list is going to be challenging.

The SS-5 is the form that you will need to complete in order for the government to send you a new Social Security card. This form is complicated and confusing for many who try to complete it. If it is not filled out with all the necessary information and without any errors, the Social Security Office can delay your application. This can cause a domino effect for all the other items you need to change your name on, such as your driver’s license or credit cards. Most of the time, you will need to have your Social Security card in your possession before you’ll be able to change your name on these other items.

How We Can Help You Change Your Name on Your Social Security Card

We decided to start helping people through the process of completing the SS-5 form since it is so complicated and confusing. Many people have trouble completing the application correctly, organizing all the necessary documentation, and receiving their new Social Security card without delay. We want to change this.

We offer services to make the process of changing your name on your Social Security card simple and straightforward. When you decide to let us help you, we will work with you each step of the way to ensure that all the necessary materials are in order so you will receive your new Social Security card without any delays.

Here is a brief overview of how the process will work when you choose to work with us in order to quickly and easily change your name on your Social Security card.

  • When you first sign up for our services, you will be changed a reasonable one-time fee.
  • The fee you pay includes email support 24/7 and access to our live support representatives seven days a week. We will always be available to help you through the process of changing your name.
  • We have developed an SS-5 Filing Guide which will help to walk you through all the documentation you will need to provide in order to obtain a new Social Security Card.
  • If you do not have immediate access to any of the required documents, or are not sure where your original copies are located, we also provide you with a reference list. The reference list provides you with instructions on how to obtain any of the documents that you cannot locate.
  • We can file your application and submit your supporting documents on your behalf to keep the process simple and straightforward. You will be able to rest easy knowing that your application will be complete and there will not be a delay in receiving your new Social Security card.
  • As an added bonus, when you sign up for our services, you will also receive a 30-day free trial of LifeLock identify protection.

Our process is designed to make it as simple as possible for you to obtain a Social Security card with your new name on it as quick as possible. We work alongside you each step of the way and are always available to answer any questions you might have.

After you sign up for our services, you will need to gather the documentation required by the Social Security office for obtaining a new card. So you can get a head start on gathering these materials, below we have outlines what you’ll need to have ready. The sooner all your documentation is ready, the sooner we’ll be able to submit your application for a new card.

Proof of Citizenship

If you have already submitted proof of citizenship with the Social Security office, you can skip this step. If you have not already proved that you are a citizen of The United States, you will need to one of the following documents:

  • A United States Birth Certificate
  • A United States Passport

Proof of Name Change

In order for the Social Security office to change the name on your social security card, you need to provide them with evidence of a legal name change. When you are changing your name due to marriage, you will need to submit a copy of your marriage license or another marriage document.

If it has been more than two years since you were married, you will need to provide additional documentation in order for your new name to be entered onto your Social Security card. You will need to submit an identity document (see below) that displays your previous name before you were married.

Proof of Identity

Finally, you will also need to provide documentation that proves your identity before the Social Security office will change your name on your card. Acceptable documents to prove your identity include:

  • A United States’ driver’s license
  • A United States’ passport
  • A state-issued identification card

You will want to ensure that the documents you provide as proof of identify are not expired and list your name along with your age or date of birth. It is best when they also have a recent photograph of you.

Changing your name on your Social Security card after marriage can be confusing, complicated, and time-consuming. There are so many opportunities to make an error on the form, which will cause a delay in receiving your new card. You want to get your card as quick as possible so you can move on to all the many other tasks on your list as a newlywed. So, if you’ve been searching for “how to change name on social security card after marriage,” let us help you. We work alongside you to make sure your forms are filled out completely and correctly. We also help you make sure that you have all the necessary documentation ready to be submitted. And, we are always available if you need support with anything related to obtaining your new Social Security card. We would love to help you obtain a Social Security card showing your new name after marriage.

Legal Information: USA Filing Services LLC is a third party agent that processes and facilitates the social security card request process making it easier for our customers to change names on a social security card or assist with getting a new social security card or replacement social security card there is a one time document processing service fee of $39.00 (USD) and our additional services offered exclusively for all social security card processing can only be found here. Please note that this service is available for free if you file yourself directly through the social security offices in person. Why wait in line and file with multiple agencies and/or companies when we'll help you update everything from one online application? Save time and money by utilizing our services. USA filing Services LLC acts as an authorized agent for users wishing to file their social security card application, new, updates, renewals and replace social security card. The accuracy of the information is the responsibility of the user. Please note that your access to and use of change USA Filing Services LLC is subject to additional terms and conditions. Please allow up to 7-10 days for completion. Getting a new social security card isn't difficult if you know how to get a new social security card and change name on social security card ©2014 USA Filing Services LLC All rights reserved.

Refund Policy: 30 day satisfaction guaranteed. If you're unsatisfied with our filing services for any reason simply click on the cancel order link you will receive after your order or simply contact us via the contact information found directly below.
Please note: Online check payments can not be refunded.

Contact Us: Live chat via during normal business hours or E-mail us for a quick response 24/7 at or by phone from 9AM to 8PM (EST) Monday Through Sunday at (707) 948-6245

USA Filing Services, LLC
1335 Main St. Suite 100
Cincinnati, OH 45202