South Dakota New & Replacement Social Security Card Information

Apply for the Card Now

What Is the Easiest Way to Get a South Dakota Social Security Card?

It is essential for everyone in South Dakota to know what they should do if they misplace their social security card. Citizens should act quickly if they don’t want cyber criminals to hack their personal information. So, the first thing to do is file a missing report for the social security card. This helps to establish a fraud alert and prevent identity theft. The citizen should also review their credit reports and financial reports. Ideally, they should temporarily freeze their accounts until they get a replacement card so that no one can hack and take away their money.

The next step is to visit an online site, such as this one, the SSA website or in person at the SSA office. Online the sites will provide all the necessary instructions on how to fill out the application form or you may process your application form online here, the documents required for verification, and how to submit the application. Those who can’t follow the online process can visit their nearest South Dakota Social Security office. However, they need to bring any of the following identification cards:

  • A driving license issued in the United States.
  • A passport issued in the United States.
  • Any non-driver identification issued by the state.

If some other person is applying on behalf of the applicant, they should provide their relationship details with the individual.

  • A driving license issued in the United States.
  • A passport issued in the United States.
  • Any non-driver identification issued by the state.

If some other person is applying on behalf of the applicant, they should provide their relationship details with the individual.

1. Filling out the SS-5 application form

The applicant can get a South Dakota Social Security Card by filling out the SS-5 application form. Whether it is for a new card, updating information on the existing card, or request for a replacement card, this is the go-to form for citizens of Madison, Aberdeen, Hot Springs, Wagner, Pine Ridge, and other cities of South Dakota. The applicant needs to provide details like date of birth, name, address, and other personal information.

2. Document verification

The documents required for verification depends on the Citizenship Status of the applicant, type of application, and age of the applicant. Non-citizen South Dakota residents may have to present a few extra documents to prove their citizenship to get the replacement card.

The Social Security Administration office is very strict about documents presented to them for getting a replacement social security card. They only accept original documents of the applicant. Alternatively, they also accept copies of the original documents. However, these should be signed and issued by the issuing agencies. The Social Security Administration office doesn’t accept notarized or photocopies of original documents. Sending photocopies may result in rejection of the application.

3. Submitting the application

The applicant can visit the nearest Social Security Administration office in South Dakota to present the required documents along with the SS-5 application form. There are representatives who help applicants during every step so that they don’t have to reapply.
They should make sure to provide the original documents or copies of the originals required for verification. If they cross this crucial stage, they can expect to get the South Dakota Social Security Card within 14 working days.

Replace your Social Security Card in counties within SD

  • Rapid City
  • Watertown
  • Pierre
  • Aberdeen
  • Mitchell
  • Huron
  • Sturgis
  • Vermillion
  • Sioux Falls
  • Brookings
  • Custer
  • Winner
  • Madison
  • Belle Fourche
  • Brandon
  • Sisseton
  • Hot Springs
  • North Sioux City
  • Fort Pierre
  • Yankton
  • Eagle Butte
  • Mobridge
  • Pine Ridge
  • Mission
  • Spearfish
  • Piedmont
  • Black Hawk
  • Harrisburg
  • Martin
  • Britton
  • Elk Point
  • Beresford
  • Hartford
  • Ipswich
  • Chamberlain
  • Hermosa
  • Parkston
  • Garretson
  • Webster
  • Hill City
  • Edgemont
  • Faulkton
  • Lemmon
  • Lead
  • Platte
  • Wagner
  • Viborg
  • Faith
  • Newell
  • Redfield

Legal Information: USA Filing Services LLC is a third party agent that processes and facilitates the social security card request process making it easier for our customers to change names on a social security card or assist with getting a new social security card or replacement social security card there is a one time document processing service fee of $39.00 (USD) and our additional services offered exclusively for all social security card processing can only be found here. Please note that this service is available for free if you file yourself directly through the social security offices in person. Why wait in line and file with multiple agencies and/or companies when we'll help you update everything from one online application? Save time and money by utilizing our services. USA filing Services LLC acts as an authorized agent for users wishing to file their social security card application, new, updates, renewals and replace social security card. The accuracy of the information is the responsibility of the user. Please note that your access to and use of change USA Filing Services LLC is subject to additional terms and conditions. Please allow up to 7-10 days for completion. Getting a new social security card isn't difficult if you know how to get a new social security card and change name on social security card ©2014 USA Filing Services LLC All rights reserved.

Refund Policy: 30 day satisfaction guaranteed. If you're unsatisfied with our filing services for any reason simply click on the cancel order link you will receive after your order or simply contact us via the contact information found directly below.
Please note: Online check payments can not be refunded.

Contact Us: Live chat via during normal business hours or E-mail us for a quick response 24/7 at or by phone from 9AM to 8PM (EST) Monday Through Sunday at (707) 948-6245

USA Filing Services, LLC
1335 Main St. Suite 100
Cincinnati, OH 45202